Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #74 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading NoSi’s notes on Day 2 again: Are there bobcat rentals in Broomfield? Why would Barry not take his bobcat-gas mileage, too far to haul, local Bobcat availability? It was said in court that a bobcat would be required for the wall fix. He did not expect his workers to haul the bobcat. Even if he wanted to say that he skirted the rules just a little bit by doing a few minutes of Sunday work on the wall in preparation, how did he expect to complete the job? What made him think he didn’t need to bring the bobcat to make his alibi plausible?

I’ve noticed some corrections or autocorrect on my phone as well. It was interesting in GS case, LE noted the Internet searches made by Letecia Stauch because of the specific syntax which was noted all of her internet searches. Couldn’t attribute the searches to someone else, they followed LS ‘s known patterns of typing. Amazing what LE can determine based on computer history. Moo
It was her frequent use of quotation marks around the word combos searched, which a kid would not use, that made it obvious.

Reading NoSi’s notes on Day 2 again: Are there bobcat rentals in Broomfield? Why would Barry not take his bobcat-gas mileage, too far to haul, local Bobcat availability? It was said in court that a bobcat would be required for the wall fix. He did not expect his workers to haul the bobcat. Even if he wanted to say that he skirted the rules just a little bit by doing a few minutes of Sunday work on the wall in preparation, how did he expect to complete the job? What made him think he didn’t need to bring the bobcat to make his alibi plausible?
The best I can come up with is he thought it would be too conspicuous to haul that around while dumping trash.

He may have thought that law enforcement would buy the bike ride story, so he didn’t have to be perfect with his alibi.

In reality though, his alibi could not possibly have been any worse:

Claiming he set his alarm for 4:30, but his truck and phone showing that he was up over an hour before.

Dumping trash in multiple locations and suffering Alzheimer’s in regard to what he dumped.

Not bringing the Bobcat for a job that required it.

Working on the wall when it was illegal to do so.

Spending only 11 minutes working the job that he left super early for, and spending hours in his hotel room.

Lying about his movements, and where he was when he got the call from the neighbor.

Multiple clothing changes, and throwing away footwear and tranquilizer materials.

I too see lots of room for the defense to poke holes at trial - and I'm resigned to that. I still want all the evidence aired and Barry to be shown for what he is. I am very hopeful that some of the charges will stick.

^RSBM

I keep reminding myself of DA Linda Stanley’s comments on taking cases to trial (from a Q&A as she was seeking re-election.)

If there is probable cause established to make an arrest, then an arrest should be made. The District Attorney’s office should never require a case to be wrapped up in a big, red bow in order to go forward with charges. Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record

I know, it's weird. Their dynamics. She wanted to end 'how ever you spell civaly' but they at least seemed to be friends up to the end? They were going to go hiking? BM did
not buy a bike for "parts" her bike did not need any parts. IMO

Precisely, my dear. Barry already had the plan in his head to use a bike in the staging of Suzanne's death. Saving and protecting Suzanne's $4000 bike was the intention and using the old bike for parts for staging at the river.

Anyone have the date on the purchase of the bicycle to be used for parts? We'd heard SM visited the bike shop guy one day that week, correct?

^RSBM

I keep reminding myself of DA Linda Stanley’s comments on taking cases to trial (from a Q&A as she was seeking re-election.)

If there is probable cause established to make an arrest, then an arrest should be made. The District Attorney’s office should never require a case to be wrapped up in a big, red bow in order to go forward with charges. Sometimes, the only justice that a victim gets is going to trial.

Q&A with District Attorney candidates Linda Stanley, Kaitlin Turner – Canon City Daily Record

That was just a part of her answer to this question:

Q. Fremont County has a number of cold cases that haven’t been prosecuted. Working with law enforcement, what steps do you think can be taken to further these cases?

SM case is not a cold case. JMO

Thank you NoSI ~ excellent work as usual! Being an ex-banker, the accounts have me interested (“secret bank account” – April 23, 2020 greendot account and April 10, 2020 Compass Royalty Management). Specifically, Compass Royalty Management. It is a Oil & Gas Mineral Rights Management Company.
I believe that's incorrect. It's a fund group.

In September of 2019, Suzanne’s best friend, Shelia Oliver advised Suzanne that she should begin tucking away money to be able to live on her own. At some point, Suzanne set up a secret Green Dot bank account as well as an account with a fund management company, Compass Management.

Prosecutors Outline Barry And Suzanne Morphew's Movements On Days Around Her Disappearance

I think BM loved his bobcat more than he loved his wife. He'd just replaced the blade on the bucket on Saturday and the last thing BM would do is leave his prized possession with a couple of meth heads! Not gonna happen!

I believe that's incorrect. It's a fund group.

In September of 2019, Suzanne’s best friend, Shelia Oliver advised Suzanne that she should begin tucking away money to be able to live on her own. At some point, Suzanne set up a secret Green Dot bank account as well as an account with a fund management company, Compass Management.

Prosecutors Outline Barry And Suzanne Morphew's Movements On Days Around Her Disappearance

Agree, although there are quite a few management and mutual funds with that name.

Compass Capital - Navigate Your Financial Future

Compass Asset Management

EquityCompass

Compass Portfolios

And so on...

IMO the key point is SM's working to regain control of her finances (liquid and other) as part of a funded exit strategy.

I think BM loved his bobcat more than he loved his wife. He'd just replaced the blade on the bucket on Saturday and the last thing BM would do is leave his prized possession with a couple of meth heads! Not gonna happen!
On one of LS’s YouTube recaps of the hearing, someone asked her if she was surprised when she heard that LE said the bobcat was not connected to SM’s disappearance.
She said “ well, yeah he carried that thing around like a purse. “ :D :)

Precisely, my dear. Barry already had the plan in his head to use a bike in the staging of Suzanne's death. Saving and protecting Suzanne's $4000 bike was the intention and using the old bike for parts for staging at the river.

Anyone have the date on the purchase of the bicycle to be used for parts? We'd heard SM visited the bike shop guy one day that week, correct?
I’ve never seen a proof of a purchase of a 2nd bike and the only reference I’ve seen mentioned was a reference by CM while still with Profiling evil, iirc. He tweeted about it, but his Twitter account is protected, so not able to link tweet at the moment.
EBM adding MOO

Fitst words arriving home "Wheres the bike? Was there a crash?"

Most would say "have you found er?

Bodycam video: #BarryMorphew gets to the location the bike was found and asks where exactly it was located and then asks if there was a crash. Commander says there was a time when a deputy had to ask Barry to stop touching the bike @KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424746561574080522?s=21

Deputy asked what paths Suzanne would take? Asks if she was an avid mountain biker? The deputy describes how the bike was found and Barry responded, "It may have flipped." The deputy asked people not to touch the bike with their hands.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1424746051320352769?s=21

@NoSI, another word of thanks for your Prelim synopsis.
As you know, @oviedo and myself are trying to firm up the timeline for the days around SM’s disappearance. As I have been poring over your Part 2 morning summary, I have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind, from May 9th around 1:30 pm.
Allegedly, BM was down by the river from about 11:50 am to 12:50 pm. Then you said he made some phone calls to SM, Tim Barrow, and Justin Cribari. Then he called someone named Jim about a new job.
We had learned, from earlier tweets from some of the journalists at the hearing, that he then left to go into town about 1:38 pm.
This would seem to indicate he was back at the house from about 12:50 until 1:38. If so, I wonder why he would call SM at that time if he was at the house with her.
As far as the other calls, Justin Cribari likely works at DSI as that was the person who changed his blade on the Bobcat. That would indicate that the appointment for that “mechanical thingy” was not made a long time before as the defense team would have us believe.
Tim Barrow’s name has not come up before as far as I know, and we cannot sleuth him, but he may be the person BM called about buying a new car.
The other call was made to someone you identified as “Jim”. Do you think it may have been “Kim’s Gym”? BM was allegedly checking out a job there.

The other question I have is about the 4:22-4:23 am signal from SM’s phone on 5/10. You indicated it was far away from the home, at a park, and it was not connecting to a cell tower.
Our timeline had a ping from a cell tower near Poncha Springs at about 4:30, but we had not heard this other information before.
Do you recall the testimony about these two different cell phone hits? Did they mention the name of the park?
Sorry for these questions! I know you’ve been really busy.

Last edited:

The bike shop visit was the same week she went missing, correct. LS tried speaking to Scot, owner of bike repair shop, but iirc only received an email response verifying he did see SM on Thursday prior to MD. But he refused an interview with LS. Iirc he worked out of his home @ the time. We were scrambling trying to put a timetable together of when anyone outside the home had physically seen SM. I’ll try to locate a link to LS’s report about the repair. I hate getting this far along on a case and not provide links when we are learning so many new things in a short amount of time.
I’m not sure we know when her $4000 bike was purchased. It was definitely after the move to CO, but I’ve not seen any proof of purchase. JL encouraged SM to take up biking. Moo

Bodycam video: #BarryMorphew gets to the location the bike was found and asks where exactly it was located and then asks if there was a crash. Commander says there was a time when a deputy had to ask Barry to stop touching the bike @KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew
https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1424746561574080522?s=21

Deputy asked what paths Suzanne would take? Asks if she was an avid mountain biker? The deputy describes how the bike was found and Barry responded, "It may have flipped." The deputy asked people not to touch the bike with their hands.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1424746051320352769?s=21
Also, GD and BM began walking off together and the Officer had to call BM back. He told him he had more questions for him.

Also, GD and BM began walking off together and the Officer had to call BM back. He told him he had more questions for him.
I want to hear what George had to say about all of this. He’s probably closer to Barry than anyone, and he no doubt spent countless hours with him over the past year. He has a story to tell.

@NoSI, another word of thanks for your Prelim synopsis.
As you know, @oviedo and myself are trying to firm up the timeline for the days around SM’s disappearance. As I have been poring over your Part 2 morning summary, I have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind, from May 9th around 1:30 pm.
Allegedly, BM was down by the river from about 11:50 am to 12:50 pm. Then you said he made some phone calls to SM, Tim Barrow, and Justin Cribari. Then he called someone named Jim about a new job.
We had learned, from earlier tweets from some of the journalists at the hearing, that he then left to go into town about 1:38 pm.
This would seem to indicate he was back at the house from about 12:50 until 1:38. If so, I wonder why he would call SM at that time if he was at the house with her.
As far as the other calls, Justin Cribari likely works at DSI as that was the person who changed his blade on the Bobcat. That would indicate that the appointment for that “mechanical thingy” was not made a long time before as the defense team would have us believe.
Tim Barrow’s name has not come up before as far as I know, and we cannot sleuth him, but he may be the person BM called about buying a new car.
The other call made to someone you identified as “Jim”. Do you think it may have been “Kim’s Gym”? BM was allegedly checking out a job there.

The other question I have is about the 4:22-4:23 am signal from SM’s phone on 5/10. You indicated it was far away from the home, at a park, and it was not connecting to a cell tower.
Our timeline had a ping from a cell tower near Poncha Springs at about 4:30, but we had not heard this other information before.
Do you recall the testimony about these two different cell phone hits? Did they mention the name of the park?
Sorry for these questions! I know you’ve been really busy.
Just found this.

Grusing says during the time of the next morning #BarryMorphew phone was moving between 225 and Hwy50 which is close to where #SuzanneMorphew bike was found. Suzanne phone was last pinged around 4:22 am on May 10th in an area that had hard to reach signal. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425142304634032141?s=21

Just found this.

Grusing says during the time of the next morning #BarryMorphew phone was moving between 225 and Hwy50 which is close to where #SuzanneMorphew bike was found. Suzanne phone was last pinged around 4:22 am on May 10th in an area that had hard to reach signal. @KKTV11News

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1425142304634032141?s=21
We’ll hear more about this next week, especially if Suzanne’s phone was not shut off while located in the house.

This is really exciting, as it would be beyond damning if the data shows it could not have been at home when this occurred.

Barry may have made a colossal blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member